Pursuing The Child Custody Agreement Your Children Need

In any family dispute, one of the areas that will have the most impact on your children’s lives is child custody. Without the guidance of a skilled Pennsylvania attorney, it can be hard to know how to efficiently pursue you and your children’s best interests. Thankfully, you can get the guidance you need from a Cranberry Township law firm.

At Bench Law, Limited, our attorneys have more than 25 years of combined experience representing parents in navigating their way through child custody issues. We understand how serious these matters are, which is why we provide serious representation for each of our clients. No matter what kind of child custody issues you have, you can rest easy knowing that we are here for you and your family’s needs.

Pursuing The Right Type Of Custody

When it comes to a custody agreement, there are many ways that your situation can be resolved. We will work with you to determine a personalized representation strategy that can guide you to the custody agreement you desire, such as:

  • Primary custody agreements, which grant one parent the majority of custody time.
  • Shared custody agreements, in which each parent is ensured regular time with their children.
  • Partial custody agreements, which grant the noncustodial parent specified periods of time with their children, such as alternating weekends.
  • Sole custody, in which one parent has full physical custody.

We can also help you determine whether you need shared or sole legal custody. Legal custody determines whether one or both parents have the legal decision-making authority over their children.

Can You Modify A Custody Agreement?

We know that life can change after divorce or custody matters are finalized. Because of that, it may be necessary to modify a custody agreement. We can work with you to obtain a modification of your existing custody agreement that better reflects the current status of your and your children’s lives.

How Do Third-Party Custody Agreements Work?

In some cases, nonparent third parties (such as grandparents) may feel that they are the best choice to have custody of a child. Pennsylvania courts can award custody to nonparents under certain conditions. First, the child’s parent must have directly or implicitly consented to form a relationship between the third-party adult and the child.

Next, the third party must have assumed and performed parental obligations to the child or children, like providing food, clothing, and shelter. While these situations are not as common as parental custody agreements, they are becoming more and more common, and our decades of combined experience can help you secure an outcome that is in the child’s best interest.

Choose Protection For Your Family

If you need help navigating a child custody situation, reach out to learn how we can help you. Call us at 724-320-0708 or contact us online to schedule your initial consultation today. We primarily serve Beaver, Butler, and Allegheny Counties, but practice throughout Southwestern Pennsylvania.