John Bench is the founder and managing partner of Bench Law, Limited. He believes that people come to him with the biggest problems in their lives, and he's dedicated his practice to solving those problems efficiently and effectively. His practice focuses on:
1. All matters related to real estate, including residential and commercial property sales, purchases, and leases, including landlord/tenant issues, title and deeds, boundary disputes, easements and rights of way, property development, and land use and zoning issues.
2. Civil litigation and appeals, including real estate litigation, construction and contractor litigation, contract disputes, and employment disputes.
3. Small business creation and development.
4. Municipal law; John serves as Solicitor for several Townships and Zoning Hearing Boards.
5. Technology and procurement contracting; John serves as general counsel to several local businesses that serve as the global leader in technology spend analytics.
Prior to founding Bench Law, Limited, John spent seven years as an associate attorney for the largest firm in Butler County. John began his career by serving three years as an associate at a small general practice in the North Hills. He then spent five years in-house, supporting real estate and compliance departments for FDIC and OneWest Bank, located in Pasadena, CA, where he worked with former Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin.
John earned a B.S.B.A in Finance with a minor in History from the University of Pittsburgh, and his J.D. from the University of Akron, which he attended on a Board of Trustees full-tuition scholarship.
John is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, and the Allegheny and Butler County Bar Associations. He is admitted to practice in all Pennsylvania courts, and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. He lives with his fiancé in Adams Township, Butler County.
When he's not working for his clients, John enjoys spending time with his family and his fiancé and their puppies at John's childhood family farm on Chestnut Ridge in Ligonier.